Trusting God!
In not wanting to be close to God, I have found coming to him for anything has been really tough. Being busy should never be and excuse but our lifestyles can effect our ability to do anything other than work.
I know from past experience that putting myself first continually and trying to answer my own prayers gets you no-where! We have all tried to fill gaps/wants/desires..... what ever you call them with short-term fixes and yeah temporarily we may feel peace, happiness or joy but this often leaves us with a 'come-down' afterwards and its important to recognise this so we can stop hurting ourselves.
So...... in finding the drive to come to God this week near impossible I did the exact opposite to what I wanted to do.
I listened to podcasts from the Church I attend and chose topics on Love and Trust......... I listened to worship music full-blast and sung my heart out at EVERY opportunity! Finally I talked this through with the big man himself.......
God is already aware of my 'head-noise' my distractions and my 'thought life' but in being honest, admitting my faults and surrendering to his will for me I know that this is the ONLY way forward.
You know what?........................... the week has flown by and I have found it actually easier as the week has gone on. I will keep going..... WHY?
I will keep on pushing into God....... he has the most awesome plan for me!
I will give him my all.........he has given me more than I can ever give!
I will NEVER give up!.............as he has promised to complete the works in me!
Know-one said it would be easy and that is the MOST common assumption that christians have it easy.... they don't! But boy is it easier tackling this crazy life in this crazy world when you have someone COMPLETELY on your side, that will ALWAYS have your back and will NEVER let you go! NEVER!
Trust that God has your back, that God is the answer.....
'He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty (whose power no foe can withstand). I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I (confidently) trust'
Psalm 91 vs 1-2
Oh and he LOVE me more than I can ever comprehend! Wahoooo!
He created me, he knows me and has promises, many promises that he will NEVER break and they are awesome......... don't wait! Don't think that he isn't for you!
HE IS! He is for us ALL!!!!
'Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high,
because He knows and understands My name (has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love and kindness trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never)
Psalm 91 vs 14
Thank God, My God for that!
1 comment:
The 91st Psalm is an absolute treat! I need to get about memorising that!x x x
Post a Comment